Wednesday 2 October 2013

My Vocabulary has changed!

So I realized that with every culture, different words may be used to describe the same things. There are some words I used to use that may have different or little meaning over here in America.

Here are some of them


Petrol =========================================> Gas

Filling Station ===================================> Gas Station

Plain Rice ======================================> White Rice

Trousers =======================================> Pants

Soft Drink ======================================> Pop/Soda

Motorway ======================================> Freeway

Toffee =========================================> Candy

Take away ======================================> Take out

For example if someone hurts themselves( falls, hits something etc) don't say 'oh sorry', they would tell you that your don't have to apologize, and that it wasn't your fault

Also I remember when I was taking my driving test the instructor asked me to 'back-up' and I was like 'what?' I later found out she meant reverse

13 comments:

  1. Dis blog jst gets me addicted!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serviette __ napkin
    Weaveon _____ weave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TV's got me talking fancy!
      I almst never say weavon.
      Loll!

      Delete
  3. Mayonnaise__ mayo
    Got laughed at cos I asked for mayonnaise instead of mayo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lmao...getting use to it

    ReplyDelete
  5. whatever rocks your boat..me says...

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's amazing how much my vocabulary has changed since coming to England

    Nick - steal

    Chuck - throw

    Underwear - knickers

    Eraser - rubber

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cable TV changed my vocabulary.
    Hehehhe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Biscuit--------Cookies
    Sweet----------Candy

    ReplyDelete