Wednesday 23 October 2013

If I were you, I would have killed myself

We had all the types of personalities in my class back in secondary school. There were the very quiet ones, the loud ones, the troublesome ones, the cool ones and so on. Naturally, people formed cliques based on the people they could relate with the most.


There were also some people who never got along, they displayed the quality of 'like poles'. These people  mutually disliked each other, and they tried their best to avoid each other like a plaque. It was during an argument between two of such people when one said to the other "If I were you, I would have killed myself". What started as a light argument with amused spectators had taken another direction. Everyone became quiet including the one who had just been told that.

For me, that was the worst insult I had ever heard in my life, and I still cringe when I try to imagine what the other girl might have felt after been told that. What makes that particular insult terrible was the fact that the girl who was being insulted had some kind of epilepsy, and seniors were always picking on her because she was very quiet.

Personally, my worst insult came from my mother, during my rebellious teenage years. She told me that I was ugly, and that my head looked like two people shaking hands. I don't remember insulting someone to their face, instead I usually employ the use sarcasm to tell people off when I find them annoying.

How about you? What is the worst insult you have ever heard? What is the worst insult you have ever dished out to another person? Who did you insult? Who insulted you? How did you feel?

7 comments:

  1. Ouch!
    Peeps can be really mean.
    But abuse n bullying of fellow students in Africa isn't as bad as it is in the US n maybe UK(maybe I'm concluding from the movies I see).
    Let's say I've never been truly insulted to my face cos the worst insults are about your appearance or condition you have no control over (height, ailment etc).
    I came to terms wif ma 'deficiencies' early enough so they didn't hurt wen smeone felt lk throwing it to my face.
    Survival skill.
    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. My worst insult was from a close relative.
    The worst insult i have given is in a blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let`s hear that insult fom ur relative now!

      Delete
  3. My sister's mother gave me the worst insult of my life... no man will ever marry you, you are too damn ugly, that's how your mother bled to death because of your oversized head, u killed your mother, witch! you will die a lonely, ugly, wretched girl. I usually have serious cramps when i'm menstrating and I throw up like every time, she capitalized on that and accused of me having an abortion. My food never tasted good to her. Ashewo be sleeping around with all the boys in this street, public toilet, see how big your breast and hips are and u claim to be a virgin. she even went as far as accusing me of sleeping with the gate man, driver, even my sister's husband. The funny part was that, my sister believed her. The first time ii ever had any Form of sex was on my wedding night and I was 25. If I didn't commit suicide over that woman's hateful words to me, I'd definitely live up to 90yrs. A couple of months ago, I single handedly paid for her surgery abroad. Need I say I married the cutest guy on earth and my kids are always on bill boards?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, great story sis...but your aunty was realy wicked. How could she do this to u...And that is one thing i have realised with african aunties/step mothers/ forster mothers, they can be something else. they can really hate children who arent theirs..i thank God that u grew up into a very beautiful woman and u have forgiving her...that is the greatest gift u have given to ur self

      Delete
    2. Wow. Nice story. And the best part is that u forgave her.

      Delete
  4. I bless God for your life.Glory be to God in heaven

    ReplyDelete