Monday 14 October 2013

Amusement Park Fun!!

I love to try out new things. I love the thrill that comes with discovering the unknown. And that was why I was very eager to try the rides at amusement parks. Even though I am scared of heights, I still wanted to have the experience of being swung 20 feet up high, Or dipping down a sharp 80 degress at full speed.

That was why I always went to amusement parks anytime I had the chance. I have never enjoyed any of the rides because I always felt something may happen during my turn and I would fall and die. And it certainly doesn't help sitting by American kids who are literally not scared of anything. Whilst I am silently praying for the ride to be over, I hear them shouting "Oh My God, this is awesome", "yeeeeaaaaah" and so on. Also,when I am steadily holding on to my safety belt, I see their hands raised up high, to fully experience the adrenaline that comes with the ride. I also always shut my eyes, because like I said I am afraid of heights.


So why do I still enthusiastically go on the rides, since its so terrifying? Well I want to challenge myself. I want to be fearless to the extent that I can also raise my hands and shout "This is awesome" whilst I am being hurled to the sky.


I have a friend who has declared amusement parks a no go area. She claims her 'house people' don't joke around so she wont give them the opportunity. Have any of you tried these rides? How was your experience? For those who haven't ,would you like to try it if you have the opportunity?

12 comments:

  1. I love amusement parks as well. One is never too old to have fun and bring out the kid in us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stumbling on your blog is like a breath of air. i can relate so much to most of your stories am that kind of reader who hardly leaves a comment or even when i have to leave a comment it most be anonymous. but i just happen to have also started blog trying to document my hair journey to a more natural and healthier hair. so pls my fellow sassy african lady vist my blog. ezechimereuchenna.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting. Would definitely pass by your blog. All the best

      Delete
  3. I've cut back on them but I love thrill rides, I'm one of those shouting awesome and throwing my hands up, LOL...#donthate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that's my wish. To be like you. Until then it's prayers and closed eyes

      Delete
  4. She claims her 'house people' don't joke around so she wont give them the opportunity. i like dat part so funny!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL @House people..
    I am not too sure I'm one for the adventures of theme parks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amusement parks hardly amuse me after my first experience....felt like I was torturing myself. Sorry to digress, I have a question, a friend also prescribed Palmer's cocoa butter to me, I will like to know the exact type you use, she suggested 'eversheen'

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amusement parks don't amuse me anymore after my first experience(no pun intended) cos it felt like torture to me. Pls I will like to digress and ask a question. Pls what type of Palmer's cocoa butter do you use. A friend also suggested Palmer to me precisely 'eversheen'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use Palmers Cocoa Butter with Vitamin E. I think Eversheen is a different cocoa butter brand on its own

      Delete
    2. Oh ok..thanks

      Delete
  8. Nice blog and the content posted in the blog seems quite informative to explore about Amusement Park Rides . Thanks for sharing such useful post.

    ReplyDelete