Wednesday 4 September 2013

Oh wait, I am going to New York again?

I was on the top of this building!!!
I guess by now you all now I love NYC, it is the best place I have been to, and being a 'How I met your mother' fan I had always imagined living in the streets of Manhattan. My first visit there was definitely a great experience, but I couldn't  get to experience the Night life.So you can imagine my excitement when my husband told me we were to go there again. Whooo whooo.... I had already planned the perfect New York night in my mind a few years ago, and now I was going to live it.

I called my friends over in New Jersey to spare the night because I was coming over to storm New York. We planned an epic night which ranged from going to the karaoke bar, and afterwards going of to a rooftop club in the heart of Manhattan. I couldn't wait to get there.
The night started off with walking around Korea town trying to find a karaoke bar that wasn't too full. We could not get in as all the good bars were either having a private party, or had a long queue outside. We decided to head for Jay Z's 40/40 bar which was around the corner. When we got there there were hundreds of people in a queue to get in, and we were told we had to buy a table for $300. There were some SUVs packed right by the club and my friends and i speculated that it could be a celebrity.We agreed that it was definitely a celeb since my friend had seen Rihanna over there on a previous night under the same circumstances(SUVs packed around etc) We agreed that there was no way we were going to pay for the table, but rather we would wait for the celebrity to enter so we would catch a glimpse. Lol
So there we were, in the middle of Manhattan, tipsy over a few wine glasses and arguing over who would go get the autograph if indeed it was a celeb. Even as we were just standing and talking, to me I was having the time of my life, because I was in the greatest city ever, and I didn't care about anything else.
We gave up on the whole celeb thing after standing in the cold for about 30 minutes and headed to the next bar we could get in. As we were leaving, one of the guys in the SUVs rolled down his window and shouted "You look good girls"...My friend swears it was Chris Brown. You should have seen us that night, walking, talking, and giggling away without any care in the world.
Finally we were able to get into the VU Bar which is located on the the rooftop of one of those skyscrapers in New York. My first night club experience in NewYork was just the way I had imagine it, and I couldn't have been any happier dancing away to the club tunes

15 comments:

  1. Wow gurl...luving u by the minute. I havn't travelled outside Ghana before(except going to nigeria when I was 2, only to be sacked later,Ghana-must-go). I plan on going to new york during my leave period...i hope to gather sweet memories like these

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always a nice experience to travel outside your country. Hope you make it to New York

      Delete
  2. You are doin a very gud job,hon...read all ur posts and cud nt stop laughing esp at ur'do i av an accent' post...kip d gud work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahahahaha
    gud work. Keep it up
    *Nita*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, so glad I opened ur blog. Saw d ad on WC. Its so fresh and unique! And I love love ur carefree style of writing. I can picture u in all the posts...especially dis one! Lol @ ur friend swears it ws chris brown. Lmao! Most posts pls

    Hazel

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG!!!!! I've really been missing o..just found ur blog on LIB nd cldnt help bt to click on ur name(curiousity) nd tnk God i did...girl u r da bomb..ive read up to dis post,though cant wait to read others,this one got me laughing loud!!! especially at urself nd ur galfriends arguing,giggling nd swearing it was chris brown..lmao...pls abeg more of dis cos i'm already hooked to ur blog...#let me finish d other post,nd laugh away#

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!!!! I've really been missing o..just found ur blog on LIB nd cldnt help bt to click on ur name(curiousity) nd tnk God i did...girl u r da bomb..ive read up to dis post,though cant wait to read others,this one got me laughing loud!!! especially at urself nd ur galfriends arguing,giggling nd swearing it was chris brown..lmao...pls abeg more of dis cos i'm already hooked to ur blog...#let me finish d other post,nd laugh away#

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog girl. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chris Brown....indeed #hehehe# am loving your blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. u r damm funny.kip it up dearie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw ur blog on stella blog and I'm loving it seriously ,have never travel out of nigeria and I always wonder how it will outside of here

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Ny too, from all I watched on how I met your mother and Sex and the city. I must visit that place too. Btw I loveeeeeeeeee your blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have decided to comment only on the most recent post cuz ve bin reading tru all ur posts but mehn! Dis one kept me wit much smiles like dat "I have an accent post" I hav bookmarked already cuz am getting addicted already saw ur ad on most blogs but clicked today from wc. Keep keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete